Citizens of Missouri Overwhelmingly Vote Against Obamacare

Posted by courage On August - 4 - 2010

Missouri voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly rejected a federal mandate to purchase health insurance, rebuking President Barack Obama’s administration and giving Republicans their first political victory in a national campaign to overturn the controversial health care law passed by Congress in March.

“The citizens of the Show-Me State don’t want Washington involved in their health care decisions,” said Sen. Jane Cunningham, R-Chesterfield, one of the sponsors of the legislation that put Proposition C on the August ballot. She credited a grass-roots campaign involving Tea Party and patriot groups with building support for the anti-Washington proposition.

This is the iceberg of Tea Party patriots, only 10% are above water: meaning that 10% are the patriots which take to the streets protest and are publicly vocal.  The remaining 90% support the basic tenets of the limited government intrusion in our lives, fiscal responsibility and  seek representation that align with the basic values of the Constitution.  Way to go Show-Me State patriots, your voice echoed through the nation with Americans cheering your stand.

Some in the elitist class, seem to have a delusional sense of what was spoken through the ballot box.

Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) said she had received the message from her state’s voters after they approved a ballot initiative looking to exempt the state’s residents from mandates contained within the healthcare reform law.

McCaskill said she understood what Missouri voters had been trying to say about the healthcare reform law for which she had voted in the Senate. But the centrist senator downplayed the vote as a result of heavy Republican primary turnout and a lack of education about the effects of the law.

Of course, IF you don’t agree with the elitist ruling class you are not educated, in fact she may have just said what she meant.. you’re ignorant.

“I certainly noticed the vote on Prop C, the healthcare law, and: message received,” she said Wednesday.

What message did McCaskill hear?

“I think there has been … a lot of noise about the mandate that people have gotten so focused on that they don’t realize that there’s going to be more access and affordability and more choices,” she said.

Sure Claire, “more access and affordability and more choices” and pigs fly.

Comments are closed.